Ascher & Associates’ design practices reflect a concern for energy use and the environment. We believe that efficiency, energy conservation, and preserving our natural resources are significant steps toward a sustainable environment.
Sustainable features we consider include:
• Site design and planning to maximize open space
and existing landscape features
• Efficient and water-conserving plumbing fixtures
• Maximizing the use of natural lighting
• Energy conserving products and materials
• Use of Energy Star appliances and high efficiency
• Automated controls for lighting and HVAC systems
• Reuse of existing structures, building elements,
• Use of renewable resources (i.e. bamboo)
• Use of regional products
• Use of renewable energy (i.e. wind, solar,
Given individual project goals, budget, and location, we strive to
implement these features.